Roman curtains in the nursery
Parents treat the design of the children's room with particular trepidation, paying attention to every little thing. After all, the environment in which the baby grows forms its inner world and affects the physical and mental state of the child in the future. There is no exception and the choice of curtains in the nursery. Here it is important to foresee many aspects: color, material, style, type of curtains.
In many cases, the choice falls on the Roman blinds. Roman curtain is a cloth fabric, fixed and stretched on a wooden, plastic or metal rail. It is equipped with a mechanism to lower or raise the canvas to the desired height. It looks simple design combines practicality and aesthetic appeal, so that Roman curtains have long won the steady love of buyers.
What are the advantages of a Roman shtore?
- practicality. As a rule, curtains are made of dustproof fabrics, which will reduce the risk of allergies in a child. And care for such curtains is also simple and rarely required;
- a wealth of colors. Roman curtains can be sewn from fabrics of any density and texture. The drawing or pattern on the fabric is not draped, but will be presented on the Roman curtain in all its glory. To disperse the daylight, you can sew Romana organza curtains, and for night curtains - thick curtains of curtain fabric;
- universality of style. Roman blinds will fit well into almost any style of the nursery: modern or fabulous, Scandinavian or teenage. She can even emphasize the stylistic orientation of a children's special print or basic color;
- low cost. In contrast to the curtains, which require rich drapery and, as a result, a large consumption of fabric, Roman curtains are stretched and occupy a little more window area. In addition, they never reach the floor. Therefore, for Roman curtains, fabric consumption will be significantly less;
- easy installation and replacement. Often, Roman blinds do not require a curtain, and installed on the window frame.For dismantling the Roman blinds when replacing or washing, the entire beam on which it is attached is simply removed. It is also easy to adjust the height of the curtains, even a child can handle it.
Thanks to these advantages, the Roman curtains will very successfully fit into the children's room of any style.
We select the material
For curtains in the nursery the most important are the following criteria:
- natural materials. For curtains, it is better to select natural fabrics (linen, cotton, silk). Raw natural materials wonderfully emphasize the marine, rural or Provencal style of children’s. However, a small addition of synthetics to natural fabrics in many cases is appropriate: the cloths become more wear-resistant, dustproof, do not fade and do not change color from the sun's rays. Therefore, to fear the addition of elastane, polyester or other synthetic additives to 20% is not worth it;
- material density. Before choosing it is necessary to determine the main purpose of the curtains. For sunny rooms facing the west or east, curtains should be made of thick fabrics. They will protect the child from the blinding morning or evening sun.And for rooms with insufficient natural light, a light curtain of translucent material will suffice;
- practicality of the material. Depending on the choice of fabric for curtains care for it will be different. Do not forget that the curtains are selected in the nursery, where children can stain it with pencils and paints, leave greasy marks or difficult stains from chocolate and berries. You can even find chewing gum on the curtains! Therefore, the easier it is to care for the fabric for the curtains - the better.
Color for children
Choosing the color of curtains in the nursery, you should pay attention to the bright pastel shades of fabrics. Too bright colors are able to excite or vice versa, to suppress the child. This does not mean that everything should be done in a pale beige color.
Color accents will help to fill the children's room with bright colors - for example, a bright strip or a flower on the curtain of sandy or light green color.
For girls, the dominant color in the nursery is usually pink. But with him it is important not to overdo it. In addition to shades of pink, the color of baked milk, sand shade, yellow, light green, lilac and even gray will look great in a girl’s nursery.Bright pattern on the curtains (for example, small peas) will make them more playful. Do not forget that a large picture visually reduces the room.
Roman curtains are good because the pattern on them will not drape and get lost in the folds. Therefore, you can admire the image on the curtains in full. For girls, there are actual drawings of the characters from Disney cartoons, animals (owls and chanterelles are especially honored this season), as well as floral and floral motifs. Of course, the classic peas and strip will always be relevant and appropriate even in the nursery.
For the boy's room, colors are chosen more restrained: blue and blue, shades of brown and gray, green colors. Much depends on the interior and overall style of the room. It is desirable that the color and pattern of the curtains echo the existing textiles in the room (pillows, bedspreads, upholstery). The main motifs of drawings for curtains in the room of the boy are cars, sports, heroes of favorite cartoons. The boys are also interested in space, sea and natural subjects.
We select the curtains according to age
If the child is newborn or too small to offer his version of curtains - parents choose the colors according to their preferences.However, if it is intended to choose curtains in the room of an older child or teenager, it is necessary to discuss this issue with him. First, he will feel involved in the choice and will feel his weight in decision making. Secondly, the child will spend a lot of time in the room, and it is important that he feels comfortable.
Do not worry and do not interfere if the child insists on wild colors from your point of view. Roman curtains can be changed as often as you wish, and when new interests emerge in the children, you can renovate the interior to suit them. If you consider the purchase of such curtains absolutely unacceptable - look for a compromise.
For young children, you can choose curtains monophonic or calm colors. As the child grows up, you can beat your favorite characters in films or cartoons in the design of curtains. If you do not find a suitable print in the stores, photo printing services allow you to put any image on the fabric.
For a teenager, you can pick up curtains of coarse texture, with printed brickwork or depicting graffiti. A win-win option will be curtains of raw flax, as they will merge with the window, at the same time performing the function of protection from street light.
More and more design projects combine cornices with tulle and Roman blinds. In this case, there are two basic options.
curtain under the roman curtain
In this case, the translucent curtain performs the function of dispersing sunlight, which creates a sunny atmosphere in the nursery. It can be made of organza, tulle or translucent flax. Roman curtain, mounted on the cornice above the curtain, is made of thicker fabric and is designed for thick curtains at night or evening. Particularly advantageous looks like this option in bright spacious children's rooms.
Roman curtain under the curtain
Here, the Roman curtain carries all the functional load, and the curtains are more decorative. Particularly important in this case, the color of the Roman curtains - it should not be too bright or dark, so as not to prevent the sun from entering the room. Curtains can be both from light fabric, and from heavier drapery.
Do not abuse the additional accessories - lambrequins, pendants and similar items. First, it can reduce the functionality of the curtains - the suspension will get stuck in the curtain at a constantmovement. Secondly, it often overloads the appearance of curtains, from which the room seems cluttered.
Instead of roman blinds it is sometimes appropriate to use roller blinds. They are very similar and differ only in the method of folding. If the roman blinds form wrinkles when lifting, the blinds, as the name implies, are rolled up. They can be textiles or made from natural materials - bamboo, for example, and are distinguished by an even simpler care for them.
Roman curtains themselves save a lot of space in the room. So that they take up even less space, you can hang them directly on the plastic windows, without using hanging eaves or curtains. To do this, simply buy an adhesive tape in the fabric store, sew one end of it to the curtain, and fasten the other over the window.
Choosing the color of curtains please note that with artificial light the colors change a little. Deep blue color, beautiful in the sunlight, in the evening in the light of the lamps darkens and even blackens. Yellow-orange shades with room lighting lose their richness and brightness, and red tones brighten. To avoid disappointment when choosing a color, it is advisable to ask or buy a sample of fabric and see how it will look during the day.
If your child has a wide window sill, then you can hang a Roman curtain directly on the window. This will help turn it into a full table or space for games.
Blinds are unpretentious in the care. Since they are often treated with a dust repellent composition, there is no need for frequent washes. The best option for refreshing curtains - periodic dry cleaning or gentle washing without spinning.
When washing it is necessary to consider the temperature conditions recommended for the material of the curtains. Wash them with the same detergent as clothes. For thin curtain curtains, use the tool for delicate fabrics. And to remove stains, local cleaners (pencils and soap stain removers) can help.