Kitchen Cabinet Dryer
Dish dryer for the kitchen - a necessary thing in the everyday life of every hostess. This accessory saves a lot of time, because with it, instead of wiping the dishes after washing, you can simply put it on the shelf and wait until it dries. And also the dryer for dishes significantly optimizes the space of the kitchen. The choice of the dryer is not the easiest thing, you need to take into account a lot of details so that the long-awaited convenience does not turn into unnecessary trouble.
Types of dishes for dishes can be determined by many classifications, so, first of all, it is best to determine the material. Dryers for dishes most often made from:
- Metal. This model is quite convenient, it is relatively inexpensive, but it is important to pay attention to whether it is treated with a special solution that protects against rust, because no one wants a new thing to soon rust and rotten and after a short period of time need to be replaced.
- Plastic.Plastic dryers for kitchen cabinets weigh a little, are inexpensive and look very nice, you can choose this option for every taste, thanks to the abundance of color and design solutions. And yet you shouldn’t buy very cheap plastic models, as they are made of low-quality material, they can emit an unpleasant odor and even contain toxic impurities, and they are not too durable, such a thing is easy to damage, it quickly loses its original appearance.
- Of stainless steel. This is perhaps the most functional option for drying dishes: it is not susceptible to rust, durable, it is convenient to clean, but the price can be quite high.
- Tree Such material directly for dryers is used less often, wooden cabinets, of course, are better suited for storing dishes. Of the positive aspects of such a dryer is the appearance, it will fit into any interior and will look beautiful and expensive, however, it has much more minuses. If the choice still fell on a model of this material, before you buy it, you need to make sure that it is saturated with a waterproof solution that will protect against rotting.Even if there is one hundred percent certainty that the moisture barrier has already been applied, it is better to once again lubricate it at home.
Also dryers differ in the number of tiers. Among them are:
- Single tier. Dryers consisting of only one lattice are not used very often, but, in principle, they will be quite relevant for a small kitchen and a house where few people live. This is usually a dryer designed for plates, but sometimes it is specialized and is used exclusively for drying, for example, saucers or glasses.
- Bunk The most popular and perhaps the most functional model. Usually, plates are placed at the first level, and cups are dried at the second level, but if desired, the grids can be swapped and used as conveniently.
- Special. This includes any other options for dryers: custom-made, three or more tiered, with special shelves for appliances, etc.
Tips for choosing
When choosing a drying it is very important to decide on the configuration and location of the cabinet in which it will be located. According to this criterion, dishwashers can be divided into the following types:
- For the wall cabinet.The most popular and convenient option is, of course, a wall-mounted (wall) cabinet, which is located directly above the sink. As a rule, such a dryer is equipped with a retractable tray to which water should flow, but often the tray is not needed, since the liquid may well flow directly into the sink. Another convenience is that it is not necessary to make unnecessary movements when loading or unloading dishes, such a dryer is always at hand. In a closed wall cupboard, the dishes will not gather dust and be exposed to dirt from the outside.
However, a large amount of moisture can harm the cabinet itself. To prevent this from happening, it is worthwhile to additionally buy a small desktop dryer, and periodically ventilate the cabinet, or make open shelves for dishes near the main dryer; this will be an interesting interior solution, you can also use a portable dryer that can be removed at any time.
Such type of the dryer can be both single-tier, and two-tier.
- For corner cabinet. These dryers are installed in a corner cabinet and have a triangular shape. This option is suitable if the kitchen is quite small and you need to save even more spaceHowever, the use of angle drying is not very convenient, therefore, it is installed only in extreme cases.
- For a floor cabinet. The least common version of the dish rack is a floor standing one. They are both straight and angular. Such drying will not be the most convenient type because of its location, you will have to constantly bend down to remove or get the dishes.
In addition, regardless of location, drying dishes can be divided into two types:
- Portable. As mentioned earlier, one of the best options for the dryer can be this type. The convenience of portable drying lies precisely in its mobility, it can be moved throughout the kitchen and placed where it will be most functional at the moment, thanks to which it will never be too damp in a cupboard. When choosing such a drying, it is necessary to make sure that it corresponds to the size of the cabinet where it is supposed to be placed. If the dimensions are significantly different, the dishes may be damaged due to constant involuntary movement.
- Fixed Fixed drying also has its advantages, they consist in the fact that when you purchase a kitchen set, drying will probably be immediately provided in it, which will avoid unnecessary expenses.Also dishes in such a drying will be intact, thanks to reliable fasteners.
If the dryer is not built into the headset, but is purchased separately, it is important to measure the space where it will be installed before purchasing. Incorrect measurements will be fraught with additional inconvenience. Also, if the drying is two-level, you need to measure the distance between the shelves. It must be at least 30 centimeters, otherwise large plates risk not getting involved.
In addition, for self-installation in the cabinet, you can buy a wall-mounted dryer. Such a model can be very convenient because of its versatility. Often there is not only space to dry the dishes, but also all sorts of hooks and shelves for towels, kitchen utensils or spices. It can be fixed directly on the wall of the cabinet; it is enough to choose a size that clearly fits into the borders of its walls.
How to assemble
When self-buying a dishwasher for the kitchen, you will need it and assemble it yourself. First you need to measure the size of the cabinet in which the dryer will be installed. The usual dimensions of built-in dryers are –40, 50, 60, 70 and 80 cm, the most popular model of drying in a cupboard is 60 cm.
Most often, a dishwasher built into the cabinet is:
- 2 grids: top flat, for cups, bottom for plates.
- Pallet. Also in the kit should always be from one to several sliding pallets, to install them or not depends solely on the preferences and location of the dryer.
- Mounts for trellises.
- Front and rear profile
It is quite simple to assemble the drying, they are all about the same: the aluminum profile is usually attached with screws to the fasteners at the bottom of the plate dryer and is something like a frame, the grids themselves are fixed in the same fasteners in special grooves, then the pallets are also inserted into the slots specially reserved for them .
How to install
When drying is collected, you can proceed directly to its installation in the kitchen cupboard. This is also a fairly simple process, it is enough to attach lower drying to the wall of the cabinet with screws. After that, measure the desired distance from the top to the bottom grille, for this you will need to put on the shelf the largest plate that is supposed to be dried and take into account the growth of the hostess who will use the dryer: for a low lady it is necessary to make the minimum distance between the shelves, for a higher one it is possible to increase the gap between them.And after all the necessary measurements, similarly secure the top grid. Dish dryer in the kitchen cupboard is ready.